This the method to find the ip address of the sender.When you receive an email, you receive more than just the message. The email comes with headers that carry important information that can tell where the email was sent from and possibly who sent it. For that, you would need to find the IP address of the sender. The tutorial below can help you find the IP address of the sender. Note that this will not work if the sender uses anonymous proxy servers.
Finding IP address in Gmail
1. Using your id/password, login to Gmail.
2. Open the mail for which you want to find the IP of the sender.
3. Click on the inverted triangle placed just next to Reply.
4. You now need to look for Received:from followed by the IP within square brackets [ ] e.g. Received: from ge3.i-nonymous.com (ge3.i-nonymous.com [22.214.171.124])
5. Also importantly, there are times when you might find multiple Received: from entries, in that case, please select the last one as the valid choice.